Tint And Perm
|Eyebrow tint and shape||£5.50|
Please note: A test patch is required at least 24 hours prior to treatment for tinting and perming.
Buy 6 treatments and get 2 treatments Free
Tint is a form of semi-permanent hair-dye formulated specifically for use on the eyebrows and eye lashes.
Why would I want to tint my eyebrows and lashes?
Eyebrow and lash tinting is a great option in the following circumstances:
- You have radically changed your hair colour
- You have noticed grey hairs in your eyebrows or lashes
- You want thicker looking eyebrows or lashes
- You want to add definition to your face
Choosing the right shade of eyebrow or lash tint
It’s a nightmare scenario – coming out of the salon with big, horrible unnatural looking brows. How do you make sure you avoid looking like your eyebrows have been drawn on? The trick is to choose a shade of that perfectly suits your skin tone and hair colour.
Luckily, at Xpressions your beauty professional will be able to recommend the most suitable shade, while taking your own preferences into account. If you want to achieve as natural a look as possible, you are advised to only ever lighten or darken your eyebrows by one or two shades. Eyebrow and lash tints are available in a range of colours, including:
- Black – recommended for use with black hair only.
- Taupe – a lighter brown shade with a hint of grey.
- Chestnut – a brown/red colour great for redheads and brunettes who want their brows to look
browner’ than taupe (which is more of a grey/brown).
- Blonde – for people with fair hair or skin who want their eyebrows lightening.
- Grey – for people with white or grey hair who want their eyebrows darkening or lightening.
Is tinting safe?
Eyebrow and eyelash tinting is a lot safer than attempting to dye your eyebrows at home with hair-dye, which is something many women do. Putting any sort of chemical near the eyes is extremely hazardous and inadvisable. Visiting a qualified beauty professional minimises the risk of anything going wrong because we have to comply with certain safety measures. Professional eyebrow tinting safety measures include:
- carrying out a patch test at least 24 hours prior to treatment
- using a vegetable-based stain to minimise the risk of irritation
- using Vaseline or some kind of blocking solution to keep the tint off the skin
- Using a disposable applicator to prevent the spread of infection between clients.
How long should eyebrow or eyelash tinting treatment take?
Depending on who administers your treatment, an eyebrow or eyelash tint should take no longer than 10-15 minutes.
How long should an eyebrow and eyelash tint last?
Eyebrow and eyelash tint is described as semi-permanent dye not because the colour fades, but because eyebrow and eyelash hairs have a very short growth cycle. Eyebrow hairs tend to fall out within 4-6 weeks, taking the tint with them.
How much will an eyebrow and eyelash tint cost?
Eyebrow and eyelash tinting costs vary however; you can expect to pay an average of £8-£10 at a time.
If you want more information regarding Tint And Perm simply call your preferred Xpressions clinic to speak to a cosmetic treatment adviser, send us an online enquiry or request a call back and we will be in touch.