Hair Loss Treatment
What Is Hair Loss?
Hair grows everywhere on the human skin except on the palms of our hands and the soles of our feet, but many hairs are so fine they’re virtually invisible. Hair is made up of a protein called keratin that is produced in hair follicles in the outer layer of skin. As follicles produce new hair cells, old cells are being pushed out through the surface of the skin at the rate of about six inches a year. The hair you can see is actually a string of dead keratin cells. The average adult head has about 100,000 to 150,000 hairs and loses up to 100 of them a day; finding a few stray hairs on your hairbrush is not necessarily cause for alarm.
At any one time, about 90% of the hair on a person’s scalp is growing. Each follicle has its own life cycle that can be influenced by age, disease, and a wide variety of other factors. This life cycle is divided into three phases:
- Anagen — active hair growth that lasts between two to six years.
- Catagen — transitional hair growth that lasts two to three weeks.
- Telogen — resting phase that lasts about two to three months; at the end of the resting phase the hair is shed and a new hair replaces it and the growing cycle starts again..
As people age, their rate of hair growth slows.
There are many types of hair loss, also called alopecia:
- Involutional alopecia is a natural condition in which the hair gradually thins with age. More hair follicles go into the resting phase, and the remaining hairs become shorter and fewer in number.
- Androgenic alopecia is a genetic condition that can affect both men and women. Men with this condition, called male pattern baldness, can begin suffering hair loss as early as their teens or early 20s. It’s characterized by a receding hairline and gradual disappearance of hair from the crown and frontal scalp. Women with this condition, called female pattern baldness, don’t experience noticeable thinning until their 40s or later. Women experience a general thinning over the entire scalp, with the most extensive hair loss at the crown.
- Alopecia areata often starts suddenly and causes patchy hair loss in children and young adults. This condition may result in complete baldness (alopecia totalis). But in about 90% of people with the condition, the hair returns within a few years.
- Alopecia universal is causes all body hair to fall out, including the eyebrows, eyelashes, and pubic hair.
- Trichotillomania, seen most frequently in children, is a psychological disorder in which a person pulls out one’s own hair.
- Telogen effluvium is temporary hair thinning over the scalp that occurs because of changes in the growth cycle of hair. A large number of hairs enter the resting phase at the same time, causing hair shedding and subsequent thinning.
What Are the Signs of Hair Loss?
Signs of hair loss and hair loss conditions vary between men, women and children. However, people of any age or sex may notice more hair collecting in their hairbrush or in the shower drain.
The signs of hair loss and hair conditions in men may include:
- Thinning hair on the scalp.
- A receding hairline.
- A horseshoe-shaped pattern that leaves the crown of the head exposed.
Signs of hair loss and hair conditions in women may include:
- General hair thinning, especially at the crown of the head.
Signs of hair loss and hair conditions in children and young adults may include:
- Sudden loss of patches of hair.
- Complete loss of all hair on the body.
- Patches of broken hairs and incomplete hair loss on the scalp and/or eyebrows
- Excessive shedding of hair, but not complete baldness, after various illnesses and drug treatments, rapid weight loss, anemia, or stress
Healthy hair and scalp treatment
Individual Treatment £45
Book 6 treatments and get 2 treatments Free
A healthy scalp promotes healthy hair. The Galvanic Spa™ II Instrument and Scalp Conductor work synergistically with Nutriol® Hair Fitness Treatment to protect the future of your hair. Featuring Tricalgoxyl®—a clinically proven seaweed derivative developed by a European laboratory, Nutriol is formulated to remineralize the scalp and hydrate the hair—helping your hair look and feel more abundant. This leave-in treatment features a unique bi-phase delivery system that releases minerals into the solution when ready for use to maintain maximum freshness and potency*. By helping revitalize the scalp for maximum hair vitality, Nutriol® gives you the hair care technology to fight back! To achieve maximum results you need 2-3 treatments a week for 4 weeks.
Volumising Hair Fibres
Product price £32
Instant Confidence and Volumising Boost
At XPRESSIONS we understand hair. The Hair Growth Programme provides a variety of ways to nourish your hair from the inside out, and the outside in.
Easy to use, Volumising Hair Fibres provide an immediate confidence boost by adding volume to hair in interim period while the Hair Growth Programme gets to work.
Each ultra-fine fibre made with keratin has a patent-pending electrostatic coating which binds to your existing hair to add volume, create the appearance of thicker fuller-looking hair and to make the scalp less visible.
Volumising Hair Fibres are available in six natural looking colours – black, dark brown, light brown, blonde, grey, auburn – to blend naturally with all hair shades.
Why Volumising Hair Fibres?
- Instantly volumising for thicker looking hair
- Quick and easy to apply in 30 second
- Gentle on the scalp
- Can be used as part of a daily hair styling routine
- Weather resistant – stay in place all day and will not stain or smear in the rain or wind
- Wash out with shampoo
- Available in six shades
Suitable for all hair types.
Hot oil hair massage and Nourishing mask treatment
Individual Treatment £30 (35- 40 Minutes)
Book 6 treatments and get 2 treatments Free
- 100% Natural for hair growth and volume
- Free of all chemicals
- Castro oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, holy basil, 7 essential oils, and coconut oil are the Ayurveda medicine used for the hair growth, but it is all present in our magic herbal oil which will give you the both hair growth and volume.
- Our 100% natural herbal hair oil is powerful scalp stimulator
- When applied to the scalp you can actually feel it working.
- Our magic oil is also good for dry dandruff. The oil has strong anti microbial and anti inflammatory properties.
- Castor oil will give the cooling to the head and will give the shine and growth to the hair.
- It is nutrition for all hair types. Its encourages the skin to re-balance and enhance the root of hair to be growing faster.
- Olive oil present in our oil improves texture of the hair; it also prevents premature greying of the hair and dandruff. Olive oil is almost certainly the world’s oldest lubricant.
- Almond oil Nourishes hair, controls hair fall and smoothes hair cuticles. It also makes hair long, strong and thick.
- Coconut oil has numerous benefits for both hair and skin. It provides protection from damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation from the sun and helps control dandruff.
- Jojoba oil gives body and structure to the hair, the seed oil nourishes and moisturises the scalp and helps to regulate the secretion of fat. Its an excellent solution for people who have dry or damaged hair.
- 7 essential oils enhance your hair density, increase your hair thickness and improve your hair length.
If you want more information regarding Hair Loss Treatment simply call your preferred Xpressions clinic to speak to a cosmetic treatment adviser, send us an online enquiry or request a call back and we will be in touch.